Using a pager from within 'mail'

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Nov 18 08:15:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov17.190806.15414 at athena.mit.edu> ramon at skye.mit.edu (Ramon F Herrera) writes:
>Is there any way to use 'more' from within the mail program
>to see long messages one page at a time??

Most mail-reading interfaces that I'm familiar with support a command
that sends the message to a user-specified command or pipe.  I use this
to spool the message to a printer and to pipe it through a paginator
when it's scrolling too fast to read otherwise.

Some mail-reading interfaces have an option (usually specified in a file
such as .mailrc in your home directory) that enables pagination by the
mail-reading interface itself.  Check your manual..