Network Time Protocol

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Wed Nov 14 08:38:48 AEST 1990

In article <1423 at nixsin.UUCP> koerberm at nixsin.UUCP (Mathias Koerber) writes:
>	- inhibit timed from setting the clock backwards ? (sounds stupid)

If you've got a BSD system, then you should make sure timed uses adjtime(2)
instead of settime(2).  adjtime(2) will adjust the time by slowing or
increasing clock updates (more or less, I am not going into a lot of detail,
ok?).

Some non-BSD systems may have it, so you might want to check your system to
make sure.