.forward problem

Larry Moss lm03_cif at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Thu Nov 1 07:23:31 AEST 1990

According to documention, man pages, and several other people I know, I
should be able to have my mail sent to me and through a program if my
.forward looks like:
	\lm03_cif,"|/u/cif/lm03_cif/prog"

When I do this, I do get a copy of the mail, but the second copy bounces
back with the error "unknown mailer 1".  I also get "getwd: can't stat .".
The program is readable and executable by world.  The directory it's in
is executable by world and every parent directory to that is executable.
Oh, this is on SunOS 4.0.3.  I hope that's enough information.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks for any help,
Larry
--