Math Coprocessors

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Thu Nov 15 09:11:19 AEST 1990

In article <126 at mq.com> alan at mq.com (Alan H. Mintz) writes:
>The SCO XENIX 386 O/S definitely makes use of the FPU if it is available
>(according to SCO).

The kernel does not use floating point.

All SCO systems (for the '286 and later) can assume that there is a subset
of an 8087 available, as we ship an FP emulator with the OS.  (The reason
the kernel doesn't use floating point is because, if there were no FPU
present, bad things would happen during the trap to the emulator.)