How can I get dbm on my 386/ix

Lyle Seaman lws at comm.wang.com
Wed Nov 7 03:39:53 AEST 1990

joe at bram.UUCP (Joe Saladino) writes:
>I don't seem to have dbm on my system.  Several software packages like smail
>need it for path lookup.  Does anyone have a PD version that will work on a
>386/ix?  I would appraciate any help I can get.

You can pull dbz out of C-news.  It's a pretty limited version of dbm,
but it's faster and smaller, and might be enough for your needs.
Alternatively, there is a GNU version of dbm (or will be...?) but, of
course, FSF stuff isn't PD.

Lyle                      Wang             lws at comm.wang.com
508 967 2322         Lowell, MA, USA       uunet!comm.wang.com!lws
             The scum always rises to the top.