Need help ** removing duplicate rows **

Larry Wall lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Thu Nov 1 04:29:08 AEST 1990

In article <28220:Oct3105:18:3290 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
: > I'll leave the awk and sed solutions to someone else.
:
: Yes, I seem to always be defending the classic tools against this
: onslaught of Perl code that nobody but you can ever optimize.

You're obviously too defensive.  :-)

I often post non-Perl solutions if I think they're appropriate.  And I
freely admit that I overlooked sort -u, which is, as you say, perfect for
the job.  The sort I grew up with didn't have -u, so I never seem to think
of it.  Dratted fossilized neurons...

And what's so amazing about me being better than other people with Perl?
I bet you're better than me with auth.  You push auth a little, I push
Perl a little, and the world becomes a better place.  If you consistently
take an antagonististic approach, however, people are going to start
thinking you're from New York.   :-)

Love,
Larry