Strange bahaviour of an LSX3020 with tcp protocol

Matteo Frigo athena at alessia.dei.unipd.it
Thu Oct 11 20:21:18 AEST 1990

	I have an Olivetti LSX3020 with Ethernet card, 8Mb
ram and 280MB hard disk. I am on Internet. I have this problem:
I can connect to Europe from here (Padova, Italy) and
and to East Coast (NY and Boston), but I cannot have
any tcp service from Berkeley, ucsd and so on.
Next to the LSX I have a Sun 3 which works and has no
problem in telnetting and ftp-ing to the entire world.

	I suspect it is a problem of timeouts, but I have
absolutely no idea of where to put my hands on.

	I noted the machine worked before the new link between
CNUCE and SURA, and in some moments it works again for a few
minutes.

	Any help would be appreciated. I am quite disperate
because the LSX acts as nameserver and mail exchanger for
the domain dei.unipd.it, as other machines cannot be used
for that for technical and administrative reasons, and my
system has stopped working with no apparent reason.

Matteo Frigo
athena at alessia.dei.unipd.it

( try to reply with athena%alessia.dei.unipd.it at mcsun.eu.net because
of these problems)