Source for -man macros?

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Oct 26 01:31:41 AEST 1990

In article <3712 at epiwrl.EPI.COM> nelson at epiwrl.EPI.COM (Ken Nelson) writes:
>We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
>pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

The -man macros are part of various Unix distributions and hence are covered
by Unix licensing.  They are not freely redistributable, no way no how.

On the other hand, the awf text formatter that recently appeared in
comp.sources.unix has its own man macros, which are almost legal troff
macros as well.
--
The type syntax for C is essentially   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
unparsable.             --Rob Pike     |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry