real-time UNIX

Bob Amen amen at SGI.COM
Tue Oct 9 11:58:42 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Oct3.171822.18380 at mdivax1.uucp>, by <somebody>:
+ I would like to know of any real-time Unix implementations that are
+ System V compatible and claim to conform to the POSIX 1003.1 and 1003.4
+ standards. Any information such as the hardware platforms it runs on and
+ any first-hand experience with the product would be appreciated.

	Silicon Graphics version of Unix (IRIX) has guarenteed interrupt
response (time from receipt of interrupt to 1st line of user code) of 1.3
millisec.  It is SVID compliant and is POSIX 1003.1 compatable.  We are
working on full POSIX compliance which should be achieved by the next
release of IRIX (shceduled for sometime Q1 CY91).  When P1003.4 is decided
on SGI will implement the standards.
--
	      Bob Amen (amen at sgi.com) (+1 213 312-0227)
	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems -- Los Angeles Office