Finding Large Files

Richard C. Dempsey lrul00 at dixel.Kodak.COM
Fri Oct 12 22:51:25 AEST 1990

In article <felps.655659294 at convex.convex.com> felps at convex.com (Robert Felps) writes:

>In <2141 at megadon.UUCP> kevinc%tekig5.pen.tek.com (Kevin E Cosgrove) writes:

>>Does anyone know how to find files of a certain size or larger?
>>Find(1) will allow me to find files of exactly a certain number
>>of blocks, but not over a certain number of blocks.

>Try,

>     find . -size +100 -print

>unless I'm not understanding your problem you just need to use the - or +.

The following three lines are taken from the man page for find(1) on SunOS 4.1,
and are the entire discussion about the size qualifier.  My interpretation is
that the + syntax doesn't work on SunOS, at least.  I wouldn't care to generalize
to other flavors of Unix...

     -size n        True if the file is n blocks long (512  bytes
                    per  block).   If  n  is followed by a c, the
                    size is in characters.

--
Richard C. Dempsey, Computational Science Lab	| dempsey at Kodak.COM
10th Floor, Bldg 83, RL				| KODAKR(DEMPSEY)