Listing files bet. two specified dates

Manoj Joshi manoj at hpldsla.sid.hp.com
Tue Oct 23 07:48:58 AEST 1990

When I do an 'ls -l' or 'll', the eight column gives either the Year
or the time, viz.,

drwxrwxrwx   8 219      users       1024  Mar 14  1990 cp
drwxrwxrwx   3 219      users       1024  Apr 10  1990 fnguyen
drwxrwxrwx   5 219      users       1024  Apr 19  1990 lp
drwxrwxrwx   2 manoj    users       1024  Oct 19 16:26 editors
drwxrwxrwx   2 manoj    users       1024  Oct 22 09:36 1000

I want to write an awk script that reads YYMMDD for a file. Now,
how do I know if the field 8 is the time and not the year? Will I be
forced to write a C program that will go and read the inode information.

Alternatively, has anyone written a utility that will list out all
files that have their modification times between two specified times.
for eg., all files between Oct 1 1990  and  Oct 10 1990.

Thanks.
Manoj Joshi.