Problems with Wyse terminals locking

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Mon Oct 8 06:58:03 AEST 1990

In article <65010 at lanl.gov> turner at fnda07.fnal.gov writes:
>In article <64719 at lanl.gov>, turner at fnda07.fnal.gov (TURNER, CLAUDE) writes...
><>
><>At my school we are runing a Santa Cruse Xenix system, on an IBM
><>PS2/70 and we are having trouble when we use our Wyse terminals.
><>About 60-80% of the time when we use the ls command the terminal will
><>lock, and we will have to turn it off, and on, and try again.  We are
><>using the WY60 emulation on the terminals, and in the termcap.  If you
><>need more information, let me know and I will post it/e-mail it.

Sounds like you have directory with a corrupted file name.  Check that when
this happens if the lock appears on the status line of the terminal.

If so just press setup and the lock should go away.

In the ls of the directory that locks the system, when you unlock the
terminal do an lc -lab and see what file has imbedded control characters.

This sounds like it MIGHT be your problem.

Normally the only things that happen with Wyse terminals is that they have
phyical problems, not emulation/software problems.

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP