Tar file on multiple tapes

Chris Preston cbp at icc.com
Sun Oct 14 05:46:50 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct10.181018.10634 at hq.demos.su> avg at hq.demos.su (Vadim G. Antonov) writes:
>In article <1990Oct9.042831.20159 at icc.com> cbp at icc.com (Chris Preston) writes:
>>	  read ans < /dev/tty   #my personal version of gets
>>                            #it's in the fine manual even :-)
>
>	Unfortunately I've seen shells where it does not work :-(
>	(How many BD things are floating around!)
>
>	Vadim Antonov
>	DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
>	(It is a joke!)

Yes, I did a follow-up that this is not necessarily so outside of
SysV shell.

Just check with your local GRU chief and see if they can't give
you something a little more up to date, eh?  (Hmmmmm, 1/2 :-)

cbp
---
Kurt Waldheim to Saddam Hussein -
"Saddam, I knew Hitler, and believe me, you're no Adolf Hitler"