UNIX BLIT terminal emulator wanted for the Mac Plus

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Oct 28 08:49:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct27.124647.19095 at nlm.nih.gov> sandro at lhc.nlm.nih.gov (Michael D'Alessandro) writes:
>I am interested in obtaining a terminal emulator for my Mac Plus that will
>turn it into a BLIT terminal when I am connected remotely to my VAX or Sun
>running Berkeley Unix.

You might try posting your enquiry to comp.terminals.tty5620; the 5620
was the first commercial member of the Blit family (there have since
been others; the 630 on which I'm typing this is one of them).

I know that there was an IBM PC Blit emulator at Bell Labs, but I don't
know whether or not it was ever offered to the public.  Note that you
also need some host support software to operate that end of the layer
multiplexing procedures.  You may be able to obtain the portion you
need free through AT&T (formerly Teletype Corp.) in Skokie, IL; Dan
Wolski is probably the person there that you should contact.

If you manage to locate a Mac Blit emulation, please post some info
about it to comp.terminals.tty5620.  Thanks.