How to connect to a disconnected process ?

Oliver Laumann net at tub.UUCP
Wed Oct 10 02:44:56 AEST 1990

In article <2064:Oct803:34:3790 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
> > It takes Oliver Laumann's "screen" program and a Sun/BSD system.
>
> pty only manages pseudo-terminals; it doesn't come with all the baggage
> (Oliver would say feature) of display management.

Considering that the purpose of "screen" is to manage displays I wonder
why you call the display management functionality "baggage".

In addition, I wish you would stop putting words into my mouth and stop
the "screen" bashing in this newsgroup.

Thanks.

--
    Oliver Laumann, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.
    pyramid!tub!net   net at TUB.BITNET   net at tub.cs.tu-berlin.de