RCS vs SCCS

Paul Johnson paj at hic.uucp
Tue Oct 2 21:06:11 AEST 1990

I am setting up a common directory for a group project.  We want some
kind of source code control a la SCCS and RCS.

We already have SCCS (via SunOS 4) and can get RCS if there is
sufficient reason (via FTP).  Is RCS better than SunOS?  Is it worth
the work of setting it up and learning a new system?

Mail me and I will summarise.  Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Paul Johnson                               UUCP: <world>!mcvax!ukc!gec-mrc!paj
GEC-Marconi Research is not 	| Telex: 995016 GECRES G  | Tel: +44 245 73331
responsible for my opinions.	| Inet: paj at uk.co.gec-mrc | Fax: +44 245 75244