Trouble with mouse

Ben Taylor bent at lccinc.UUCP
Sun Sep 9 15:56:29 AEST 1990

jay at gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) writes:

>I have a wierd problem using my Logitech bus mouse with SCO Xenix 2.3.3
>with XSight, and with VP/ix.

I had the same problem.  Drove me crazy.

>I get some of the same errors as shawn, but if I boot under DOS, the
>logitech drivers initialize the mouse board, and then when I reboot, and
>let Xenix boot, it works.

SCO released a new logitech bus mouse driver which takes care of this
problem.  The maintainence supplement is unx204 and should be
available on sosco.  Even though it is designated as a unix supplement,
it also works with Xenix.  You just use install in single user mode,
then remove, then reinstall the mouse drivers.  One thing
I hate about the new driver.  It can only run at irq 5.  So much for
using a 150mb tape drive if you have 2 serial ports..   Its not
documented but j2 should be set to 1.  (not the irq jumper block)

>>__WEIRD___!!!!

I don't know, LAME is what comes to my mind.

>Jay A. Snyder 					 "Let Me Up!  I've had enough"

Ben Taylor
Systems Administrator
LCC, Inc.			uunet!lccinc!bent
(202) 828-5550 x642		Ski Unix.