UUCP over X.25

Robert Claeson prc at erbe.se
Mon Sep 24 07:05:56 AEST 1990

In a recent article src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:

>if your x.25 line is 8 bit transparent (the pad should allow to set this)
>you might also (apart from f) look into e protocol which is a streaming
>protocol that expects the line to be error free -> no overhead at all.
>we use it over HST modems which works very nice. however your serial ports
>must not loose a single character, otherwise the protocol will timeout
>and drop the line.

Actually, as I understand it, the 'e' protocol isn't intended to be
used via a PAD, but directly over X.25 PLP (layer 3) and with the X.25
interface directly in the system.

Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson at erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se at sunet.se
                                |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se at encore.com
These opinions reflect my personal views and not those of my employer.