uugetty & lock files

Daniel A. Graifer dag at fciva.FRANKLIN.COM
Sat Sep 8 00:30:31 AEST 1990

In article <384 at fe2o3.UUCP> michael at fe2o3.UUCP (Michael Katzmann) writes:
>The problem:
>	uugetty seems to create a lockfile when a character is first received.
>I dont know when it is removed (perhaps after uugetty is restarted after a
>login), however if it was just noise and no login is successful the lockfile,
>it seems, is never removed.
>Michael Katzmann

Are you using the -h and -t timeout options to uugetty (does your uugetty
have them)?  These should cause the uugetty to quit and respawn after
timeout seconds.

Good luck
Dan
--
Daniel A. Graifer			Franklin Mortgage Capital Corporation
uunet!dag at fmccva.franklin.com		7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A130