(none)

Vikram_Varma at cc.sfu.ca Vikram_Varma at cc.sfu.ca
Fri Sep 21 04:21:50 AEST 1990

Can someone help?  A full tape was made unreadable.  The error probably
was someone typing 'tar cv <filename>' instead of 'tar xv <filename>'.
Since the file was not on the harddrive at that point, a 'file does
not exist' came up and the data on the tape is now inaccesible.  Since
the tape has not been advanced, it stands to reason that the data is
still on it, but unix has placed some sort of maer  at the beginning of the tape.  Is there any way to get the data?
I have tried the mt comands to forward over EOF markers, but no luck.
If anyone can help, please contact me directly, since I am not a
regular subscriber to this list.  Vikram_varma at cc.sfu.ca
Thanks.  Vik.