Reliability of System V 1K file system

Vadim G. Antonov avg at hq.demos.su
Wed Sep 26 00:56:15 AEST 1990

In article <26688 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:
>Unfortunately, there are not-so-simple power failures.

	Hmmm... Our backbone host at Kurchatov Institute of Atomic
	Energy has a funny surge protector - so called "motor-generator".
	This device includes synchronous AC motor paired with dinamo-machine
	producing AC of the same voltage. Protection is absolute.

	(Another interesting feature of our power supply at KIAE is that
	the secondary power supply goes directly from atomic generator -
	yes, there are some working nuclear reactors in the Moscow!)

	Vadim Antonov
	DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
	(It is NOT a joke!)