screen program information

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Tue Sep 18 21:47:48 AEST 1990

In article <13716 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gt0178a at prism.gatech.EDU (BURNS,JIM) writes:
  [ on screen's reconnect abilities ]

Two examples of things I use pty for all the time:

1. Flushing output reliably. If a program starts flooding the screen
with output, I can just break the connection. Then I come back with a
command like sess -T reconnect qf > /tmp/flood, type ^C when the flood
stops, and reconnect normally. How can screen do this? (Typing ^O isn't
reliable---it is delayed by the communications program and doesn't work
in raw mode---and loses possibly important output.)

2. Using a macro package. I have a context-sensitive, programmable
keyboard and screen macro package running around pty. It simply pipes
the input and output of pty appropriately. How can screen do this?

Have I missed some of screen's features?

---Dan