How do I get CR in tty output?

Paul Dineen pld at hpfcso.HP.COM
Thu Sep 6 05:49:30 AEST 1990

 What do I need to set to cause the carriage returns in command output
 (including the ksh prompt) to be being obeyed?  I haven't found anything
 under tset or stty that looks like it would do it.
 Sample ll output:

                                  292 hpclnag:/users/ftcollin/pld > ll
                                                                      total 198
rwxrwxr-x   2 ftcollin coll          64 Sep  2 17:20 bin
                                                        -rw-r--r--   1 ftcollin
coll       94956 Sep  3 05:46 core
                                  -rw-rw-r--   1 ftcollin coll          22 Sep
2 16:34 hello.f
               -rw-rw-r--   1 ftcollin coll         169 Sep  2 18:48 install.pie
ces
   -rw-rw-r--   1 ftcollin coll        2096 Sep  3 05:42 krishna.profil
                                                                       293 hpcln
ag:/users/ftcollin/pld >

 The wc and vi commands show that the cr's are in there, they're just not
 having the desired effect.

/ftcollin/pld > ll | wc
                             7     56    388