curses resets terminal to 7-even

David Barts davidb at Pacer.UUCP
Sun Sep 9 14:56:03 AEST 1990

I have noticed something very annoying about curses on SunOS 4.0.
If I have a terminal set for 8 bits, no parity, and run a program
that uses curses (more(1), for example), the terminal gets reset
to 7 bits even.  Bug?  Feature?  Regardless, how do I disable it?
(Eight bits, no parity is a site standard here and I'd like to
keep things that way.)

System is a Solbourne 4/600 running OS/MP 4.0.1 (SunOS 4.0 workalike).

Reply directly to me and I will summarize if there is enough interest.

--
David Barts			Pacer Corporation, Bothell, WA
davidb at pacer.uucp		...!uunet!pilchuck!pacer!davidb