Recurring problem in root filesystem

Art Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Sat Sep 8 04:45:54 AEST 1990

In article <4025 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
> [lengthy discussion on ways to fsck root deleted]
>Assuming he has an "fsck" that creates a scratch file.  I don't *think*
>he's running 4.2BSD or later, as their "fsck" doesn't have the message
>he describes.  4.1BSD's might, and it might not bother with a scratch
>file.  S5R3's doesn't create one by default, it only does so when run
>with the "-t" flag.

Points well taken.  I think we need to hear more from the original poster
like what OS he's running, and why is he running fsck on root in the first
place.  Thanks to trn, I followed the thread back to the original post.
It is from one S. Ferguson-Parker of Acadia University.  Hopefully he will
see this and reply.
Arthur W. Neilson III		| ARPA: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art