Unix software and USSR

Paul de Bra wsinpdb at svin02.info.win.tue.nl
Fri Sep 28 01:25:38 AEST 1990

>We're not even allowed to ship the C library with the DES algorithm to Europe,
>so I can hardly believe you are allowed to have the source! Enlighten me.

I think there are few European sites who do not have the DES part of the
C-library. These old export rules really make very little sense in a world
with has e-mail. (Getting accross the ocean with a floppy is very easy too.)

However, I must admit that the russians are a bit open about the software
they probably "found" somewhere and copied illegaly...

Paul.