(write my editor for me...)

Daniel Smith - Ministry of Silly Walks daniel at island.uu.net
Sun Sep 16 13:18:09 AEST 1990

In article <24483 at adm.BRL.MIL> mmdf at worms-emh1.army.mil (The E-Mail Host at Worms) writes:
>I am a beginner in C Programming. For the class I just take I have to write an
>editor in C. Maybe somebody can provide me some routines or some helpful
>hints. I would appreciate.
>My email address is asqe-x-w-ic03 at worms-emh1.army.mil
>
>Udo W.

	First off, if you are going to post, at least give a Subject line.
Master the basics.

	You're in a class, which means "learn".  There are many
C books out there that contain editor routines.  Some of the books
have source disks you can send away for.  As for the net, there
are editor sources all over the place.

	However...

	If you're studying to be a programmer, note that you will
not be a very good one if you solve every problem, write every assignment,
etc., with other people's code.  You have to break down and think through
problems and develop algorithms on your own, or else you become little
better than a "software code integrator", not a programmer or engineer.

	I see you are posting from an army.mil site, figures...
Think for a moment that a Marine would do this? :-)

	take this all with a grain of rock salt, it's just that you
hit the "someone is trying to do trivial homework on the net" nerve.

				Daniel
--
.......Daniel Smith, Island Graphics, daniel at island.com dansmith at well.sf.ca.us
..(415)491 0765 x 250 (W) 4000 CivicCenterDrive SanRafael MarinCounty CA 94903