named pipe across NFS

Tim Tsai it1 at Isis.MsState.Edu
Mon Apr 22 12:54:02 AEST 1991

  I'm having trouble reading a named pipe across NFS..  Consider this
  from station 1:

	mknod .plan p
	cat .cshrc > .plan &
	cat .plan

  This is equivalent to cat .cshrc..  Now this:

	cat .cshrc > .plan &

  and log on to station 2 (which shares the file system via NFS):

	cat .plan

  This process hangs.  Is there anything I can do to get around this
problem??  Is this the expected behavior??  Thanks..

  PS:  This is on Suns' (4/490, Sparcstation, IPC) running Sun OS
4.1.1.

--
  I'd never cry if I did find a blue whale in my soup...
  Nor would I mind a porcupine inside a chicken coop.