simultaneous bidirectional file tranfer

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Tue Apr 16 04:40:56 AEST 1991

In <22376 at yunexus.YorkU.CA> rreiner at yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) writes:

>I'd love to see an implementation of this for UNIX, since in the best
>case it can cut total file transfer (upload + download) time in half,
>but I haven't been able to find one.  Erik Labs Inc., the source of
>the MS-DOS implementation, seems to be very tight-lipped.  Does anyone
>know of, or even know of plans for, a UNIX implementation?  Or
>something equivalent, which also exists for MS-DOS PCs?

Yes, i'd like to see one too.

Apparently there is a public domain protocol called JANUS which is being
used with binkleyterm under DOS.  I hear that source is available, but
i'm not sure where.

What would be the ultimate is to have this incorporated into UUCP
(b protocol maybe??).

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the JANUS source, please
mail me!

Thanks

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP
     Oregano, n.: