How can a program find path to its binary file?

Kenny Ranerup kenny at dit.lth.se
Mon Apr 29 22:02:03 AEST 1991

I've written a signal handler that writes out a stackdump if a program
gets e.g. a SEGV signal. However, I want to write out the stackdump
with symbolic procedure names if symbolic information is available in
the binary file. The question is, how can my signal handler find the
path to the binary file so that it can read in the symbol table?

I'm running SunOS 4.1.1 on a Sun3 machine.

   Kenny

| Kenny Ranerup,                     |  Phone: +46 46 104940      |
| Dept. of Computer Engineering      |  Email: kenny at dit.lth.se   |
| Lund University                    |                            |
| P.O. Box 118, S-221 00, Sweden     |                            |