How to alias EXIT or any CSH command

Andy Behrens mjm at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Wed Apr 3 04:50:34 AEST 1991

nelson at berlioz.nsc.com (Taed Nelson) writes:
>I have reason to desire an alias for the CSH command EXIT.  Since
>  the executable version doesn't exist anywhere, I can't do:
>	alias exit 'MY_STUFF_HERE; /usr/bin/exit'
>  or whatever.

Well, since nobody else has come up with a solution that generalizes
to commands other than exit:

	set Exit=exit
	alias exit 'MY_STUFF_HERE; $Exit'

--
If you've got a hammer,			       If the only tool you have
find a nail.				    is a hammer, you tend to see
|  Andy Behrens     |                   or: andyb%coat.com at dartmouth.edu
|  andyb at coat.com   |                    bitnet: andyb%coat.com at dartcms1
+-------------------+       uucp: {uunet,rutgers}!dartvax!coat.com!andyb
Burlington Coat, HC 61 Box 1B, Lebanon, N.H. 03766        (603) 448-5000