ICL tape handling

Tony Shaughnessy tonys at pyra.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 03:53:19 AEST 1991

Hi

Does anybody know of a product that can read and write tapes in ICL format?
I believe that there is more than one format of an ICL tape, but the guy who
wants it doesn't know which it is. I have asked him to get me the spec. of
the tape format, in which case I could probably write him something to do
this, but if anybody has anything already, it would help. It would be even
better if there were a proper product that he could buy, because he would
like something that he could get support for.

The machine that he will be using it on is a Pyramid MIServer running OSx
version 5.1. The ICL machine is a 3900 model 80 running VME (I don't know what
version).

Any info about ICL tape formats would also be useful.

Email replies would be preferred.

Thanks

Tony Shaughnessy
tonys at pyra.co.uk