SysVR4 process accounting.

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Fri Apr 12 02:19:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr5.124324 at anusf.anu.edu.au> mbl900 at anusf.anu.edu.au (Mathew BM LIM) writes:
> PS : Does anyone have any idea of what I may break by having one UID and
> 	several login names attached to it? Will ps break? will disk quotas break?
> 	will my mail break? Will my sanity break?

Your UNIX security will break.  I.e. you can kiss accountability good-bye!

Mail may not work great, nor will anything which used getpwuid() or
simply scans the password file for a user-id.  It will always find
only the first one that matches.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada