Finger logger: several questions

Mark A Fontana mfontana at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Sat Apr 13 05:17:28 AEST 1991

I've been following the thread on finger logging programs, and was wondering
if there is any way to determine the login name of a remote fingerer, or
at least the name of the calling system.  Ultimately, I'd like to be able
to fetch the full name of a remote user, ie. (Mark A Fontana), so that
I could extend a customized greeting to foreign fingerers as well.

I've been playing with the snip of code posted here a few days ago, but I'd
like to expand it a little.  If you have a custom finger program/finger
logger that works well for you, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd mail
me a copy.  If there is interest, I'll post a summary.

Thanks,
Mark

| Mark A. Fontana (215)573-8410 | ACCOMPANYING, ANIMATION, PROGRAMMING, DALs  |
| mfontana at eniac.seas.upenn.edu | Functional languages -- what an oxymoron!!  |