special characters in vi 304

Lyle A. Steinhardt lyle at ssbot.af.mil
Wed Apr 17 01:03:06 AEST 1991

Hello all you vi gurus,

I need to know how to get rid of "\304" character and replase them with a
"-" character.  I can't find the control sequence I need.  This file was
uploaded as an ascii file so I don't know how these special characters
got into the file.  Below is a sample of the file with the problem character
present:
596D4403
596D4403
596D5223
596D4091
596D4873

Unfortunately, it looks like the mail processor converted this character
to a "D" character...amazing that...anyway I'd appreciate any help you can
provide.

Lyle Steinhardt
<lyle at ssbot.af.mil>