One handed UNIX, Emacs for disabled person?

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Wed Apr 3 12:27:32 AEST 1991

pepke at gw.scri.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:

>In article <DANJ1.91Mar28132419 at cbnewse.ATT.COM> Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM
>writes:
>> Hello.  Has anybody got ideas for using mainframe UNIX or computers in
>> general for a disabled person with use of only the right hand?

>I remember from the early days of microcomputers, when real programmers
>used toggle switches and keyboards were outrageously expensive, there was
>a one-handed ASCII keyboard.

in fact soemthing very much like this was developed last year or
so. it also uses 'chords' played with one hand, and can is a
replacement for ibm pc keyboards.
there was an article in a big german magazine called c't, if
you mail to ix at cosmo they might help you (iX is a magazine
of the same publisher, couldn't find a email address for
c't).
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: