Is UUX looking too closely at its arguments?

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Wed Apr 10 02:17:15 AEST 1991

I have a print program on a remote machine which I try to access with:

uux "remote!print -f/some/path/name !local_file"

This fails on the remote machine, saying "file access denied to user."
Without the -f/path, it works fine.  The -f is simply the full path
name of the local file to be shown on the banner by the print program;
the print program does not try to access the file with that path name.
Substitute -f!some!path!name, and it works fine.  Am I correct in
assuming that uux is looking at the arguments to my program when it
shouldn't be, and if so, can I make it stop?  This is an SVR3.2 system.
TFM does not show -f to be a command line switch to uux.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)