connect to a non-blocking socket

Jaw-wu Liou jackliu at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Sun Apr 21 01:39:30 AEST 1991

From: jwliou at sun2.cs.pitt.edu (Jaw-Wu Liou)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.questions
Subject: connect to non-blocking socket
Expires:
i am implementing a remote procedure call module on sun/3 using
lightweight process, both the client and server models are linked with
non-blocking i/o library, question is : how can i connect to a
non-blocking socket without geting a EINPROGRESS (errno = 36), the
manual page of connect suggested using select, it won't work, may be i
didnot use it correctly, can any body out there tell me how to solve
this problem? thanks in advance!