User limit in passwd file

Shirk shirkg at gordon-emh1.army.mil
Wed Apr 3 00:33:20 AEST 1991

Is there a limit to the number of lines or characters in the
passwd file.  We seem to have found it at about 903 lines.

We are running UNIX V.3 on an UNISYS 5000/95.  I think Arix
did the original implementation of this OS.

*  George W. Shirk                      |  AV 780-3245                      *
*  Systems Administrator                |  COMM (404)791-3245               *
*  U.S. Army Computer Science School    |  shirkg at gordon-emh1.army.mil      *
*  FT. Gordon GA                        |                                   *