I have a stupid q.

Patrick Hertel afsipmh at cid.aes.doe.CA
Tue Apr 9 22:33:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.215454.22894 at athena.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>In article <406 at platypus.uofs.edu>, mhm2 at jaguar.ucs.uofs.edu (MALINOSKI MARC H) writes:
>|> 	How come everytime I try to execute a Makefile, I
>|> get "permission denied"?
>
>  This would probably be better in comp.unix.questions rather than in
>comp.sources.games.bugs, since it is a general question about Makefiles and
>not a specific question about any particular game.
>
>  In any case, you don't execute Makefiles.  They are not programs.  You use
>the "make" program to build programs based on what's in the Makefile.  A
>Makefile is a configuration file for the "make" program.  See the man page for
>"make" for more information.

  I think he was just being fast and loose with his language and then
  you never answered the question ( and you are usually so good at this
  stuff! :) )
  Anyway I (and everyone else on the net no doubt) suspect that the
  Makefile he is calling is trying to save a file on a directory he
  has no permission for or something to that effect. Reading the man
  page on make wouldn't buy him anything here :)

--
Pat Hertel                 Canadian Meteorological Centre
Analyst/Programmer         2121 N. Service Rd.