cu & sb/rb

Rasmus Lerdorf rasmus at napc.uucp
Mon Apr 1 08:02:44 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar28.051117.4325 at jpradley.jpr.com> jpr at jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>In article <50867 at apple.Apple.COM> erekose at apple.com (Erik Scheelke) writes:
>>I have a quick question:
>>I have a cu connection to another machine.  I want to use sb and rb (Y-Modem)
>>to send a file back and forth between machines.  How can I do this?

>I didn't undertake the work, because I felt it was doable but not worth my
>time, since xcmalt lets me use rb, rz, rx, sz, sb, sx without trouble.
>Xcmalt is in LIB 4 of the above mentioned Forum. It also enable capturing to
>user-selected files, has a built-in xmodem protocol, does put and take, and
>runs CompuServe' B+ protocol too. It can run interactively or under script
>control.

Pcomm which is a Unix ProComm clone is another program which lets you
run sb,rb, etc.  It has them all built in though.  X,Y,Z and a few
others.  I tried xcmalt and found it flaky.  pcomm is flaky as well, but
with a bit of milk I liked the taste better.
--
Rasmus Lerdorf    calgary!ajfcal!napc!rasmus       1020-64 Ave NE, Calgary
NovAtel Advanced Product Concept Development       Alberta, Canada T2E 7V8