Improved Unix terminal emulation from MSDOS

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Thu Apr 18 03:02:46 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr11.161504.15653 at cs.cornell.edu> dsimmons at CS.Cornell.EDU (Daniel G. Simmons) writes:
>I am trying to find recommendations on how to improve my interface with
>a BSD type unix system (a network of Suns at Cornell University CS dept.)
>from my DOS system at home.  I access over a modem, and I am currently using
>Telix and telling the Unix system that I have a vt100 terminal.

MSDOS kermit version 3.10 emulates most of a vt340 (color, but no Regis
graphics) plus a tektronix graphics terminal.   It also allows you to remap the
keyboard for whatever layout you prefer.  It might be a good place
to start if you are looking for better emulation.

BTW, does anyone know where to find a complete terminfo entry for this
version of kermit?

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us