serial ports

CARY LEWIS cary.lewis at rose.uucp
Sat Apr 27 00:50:00 AEST 1991

TO: ALL

I am in the process of purchasing SCO Unix 3.2 ODT v1.1. I need to
use the system with three serial ports. Does the unix kernel allow
you to configure serial devices that share a common interrupt. When
you buy a serial card, you can usually configure the card for
interrupt 3 or 4.

 When you install a second board (for the third and possibly
fourth serial port) you share an interrupt with the first board, but
use different IO ports. Does unix allow you to configure the kernel
to support this type of setup. I know that there are intelligent IO
boards available that will provide for many serial connections, but
price is a factor here.
---

%c #67sa