How can shell scripts be shared by different shells?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Apr 7 12:07:40 AEST 1991

In article <4805 at syma.sussex.ac.uk> andy at syma.sussex.ac.uk (Andy Clews) writes:
>Does anyone know of any clever kludges that can be made to this central
>shellfile, which could allow Ksh or Csh to be able to source it?

Perhaps a slightly different approach would be better -- how about instead
(from ksh) sourcing a Cshell emulator, feeding it the desired script as an
argument?  If you don't have a cshell emulator and don't know where to get
one, drop me a note and I'll send you the one I have lying around (unused
but kept as a curiosity piece).  I didn't develop it myself, but since it
was posted in a publice newsgroup I feel free to redistribute it.