Idle and Looping Process Killers?

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Thu Feb 28 05:49:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb27.041048.24190 at eplrx7.uucp>, mroz at eplrx7.uucp (Peter Mroz) writes:
|> I'm looking for a program (exe or shell script) that will kill idle processes
|> on Unix.  I also need a program that detects runaway processes.  I could
|> probably whip up something using AWK but I thought I'd check the net first.

  Um, can you define what you mean by "idle processes" and "runaway processes?"

  By "idle processes," do you mean idle login sessions?  If so, there are
plenty of packages in the comp.sources.unix archives ("untamo" comes to mind
as one of them) that are designed to do that and that are quite configurable.

  If that's not what you mean, what do you mean?

  And I can't comment about "runaway processes" without more details.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace