Finger

Min-Zhi Shao minzhi at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Sat Feb 16 16:15:09 AEST 1991

    When I fingered our system administrator, I got the following result:

Login name: gardella  			In real life: Ed Gardella [CETS]
Directory: /home/cets/gardella      	Shell: /usr/local/bin/bash
On since Feb 15 19:49:04 on ttyp1 from TSTEST.SEAS.UPEN
14 minutes Idle Time
No unread mail
Project: System Administrator eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Plan:
         Meander about until something interesting comes along.

Office: 154 Moore Building           Work Phone: 898-2491
                                     Home Phone: 387-4104

I have been fingered 3 times today

the .plan file in his home directory looks like:

prw-r--r--  1 gardella        0 Feb 15 23:48 /home/cets/gardella/.plan
^

I found it really interesting.  Does anybody up there know what does the
"p" mean and how it works?

    Have fun!

Min-Zhi
minzhi at eniac.seas.upenn.edu