Need to make "less" do a particular thing "right"

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Fri Feb 22 04:17:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb20.210427.26089 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) writes:
>I want to make the "less" command NOT switch over to the alterate screen.
>This is so that when I press "q" to quit from less, it will NOT switch
The terminal initialization string (termcap "ti") and deinit string (termcap
"te") are sent by the following code in screen.c:

/*
 * Initialize terminal
 */
	public void
init()
{
	tputs(sc_init, sc_height, putchr);
}

/*
 * Deinitialize terminal
 */
	public void
deinit()
{
	tputs(sc_deinit, sc_height, putchr);
}

I did not see the previous articles in this thread, but if you are
using xterm, the titeInhibit resource controls whether or not xterm
honors the ti and te sequences.