default search path for root

Peter Yeung py at meadow.uucp
Thu Jan 17 02:17:03 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan15.135828.27402 at erbe.se> prc at erbe.se (Robert Claeson) writes:

>In article <384 at xdave.rni.sub.org>, torsten at xdave.rni.sub.org (Torsten Leibold) writes:
>
>|> Sorry, I can't tell you for SunOS, but I know that information for
>|> SysV, especially for SCO Xenix & Unix.
>|> The PATH for su is defined in the text file /etc/default/su which
>|> normally is absent.
>
>I think that this scheme is specific to SCO's products. At least, I have
>never seen it in UNIX products from other vendors, including AT&T.

/etc/default/su is in our AT&T System V 3.2 system for the 386 AT&T box.
However, it is not in our Motorola system though. I think it depends on
whoever was porting it. We were told by an AT&T rep that many vendors
do trim down the system when they port it. An example is the "layer"
program which allows the user to run multiple windows on an AT&T 630
terminal, most vendors chose not to port it since not too many people
use the AT&T 630 terminal.

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300