UNIX, PC's and NeXT's ..

Lars P. Fischer fischer at iesd.auc.dk
Sat Jan 26 01:03:49 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 24 Jan 91 21:39:26 GMT, peter at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu) said:

Peter> First of all, please don't flame me if this is the wrong group to post
Peter> this to.  I'm not sure where I should ask these questions.  And if
Peter> this is the wrong group, please just ignore this message.

OK, no flame. And, not *the* wrong group -- simply far too many.

Anyway, by all means get a NeXT. It's complete, integrated, designed
to be a UNIX box, has *UNIX* applications, etc. No need to put things
together from 27 sources and wondering why it won't work.

As a bonus, it's cheaper than a 386 box and faster than 486 box. Also,
GNU tools and other free software has already been ported, etc, etc.

Just my opinion.

/Lars
--
Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.auc.dk   | Beauty is a French phonetic corruption
CS Dept., Univ. of Aalborg, DENMARK. |                   - FZ