shell in programs

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Sat Jan 12 22:18:50 AEST 1991

In article <!_P+_!_ at irie.ais.org> ais.org!garath (Scott Grosch) writes:

>     If I make a C program on this account, is there any way to have the
>program execute a shell command if a certain part of the program is reached?

A quick and dirty way is to use the system() subroutine, ie:

	system("cp myfile yourfile");

Another way is to use the fork() exec() yourself, such as:

	if ( fork() )
		wait(NULL);
	else
		execl("/bin/sh","sh","-c","cp myfile yourfile");
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike